Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Front End Construction

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
So I got ambitous and took the fenders and rad support out. They were supper rotted and it wasnt fun. I have to order rad support bushings now. Here are some pics.
IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Na didnt you read, that I didnt sell it. Lol you guys cant keep up with all my stuff lol.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Are you replacing the rad support due to the rust, or just cleaning/repairing/painting it and putting it back in?

*If you think that's rotten, you oughta see mine. :(

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I have a new stuff, fenders and rad support for it. Its pritty bad, truck was a plow truck so its kinda rotted out.

Did the same to my truck

I had to do the same to my F250 HD Crew a couple of years ago since my radiator support was also rusted out really bad. The former owner used it for plowing and that sort of drove the steak through the heart. I also replaced the entire front end and leaf springs because the plow really trashed the front end. The core support took me and a buddy of mine 18 hours over a weekend to rip out the old one and install the replacement. BTW, I put one in that I got from LMC Truck...fit like a glove and everything bolted to where it was supposed to. I suggest thinking about replacing the steering box now, if it needs it (Fords normally do!), seeing though you've got everything off that'll just get in your way. I hate my steering box...Ford really missed that homework assignment. Good luck on the project...I liked doing mine. Nice truck...too!!smilieFordlogo

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Everything came out pritty easy, most of the bolts broke. Had to order all new rad support bushings from LMC was like more then the fenders lol. I did the box a few months ago.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
My truck was completely rust free southern truck except for rad support it starting .

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I got the support in, while helpin to do the motor in the truck swap thread.
IMG_0565.jpg

Real nice...should be good for another ten years. It's one of those repairs that nobody really sees but that you know was something that had to be done. Can't wait to see her all put back together. Thanks for posting...

Doug

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Well I got the support on, and both fenders. Everything is lose still, I just bolted everything up so I could drive the truck from outside into my garage so it wouldnt get wet as its gonna rain the next few days. Startin to look like a truck again.

Fellro

Staff member
That isn't that rotted, you still had to unbolt it... Looking good though. These rad supports aren't too bad to get out, just a lot of time to finally get to it. I pulled the rad support out on the 92 when I stuck the Cummins in... That one is rust free, from Missouri...

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
That 1 is all gone on the bottom bad. Here are some pics
IMG_0594.jpg

Can you believe my new fender has a dent in it?
IMG_0593.jpg

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I heard dents in new fenders isn't that unusual.

Let me know of any tricks you find out with the entire installation. I had a heck of a time getting just ONE fender realigned when I removed/reinstalled.

Ryan

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts