Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Front clip swap?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Ha it has more scrap value than that. And a video that will probably bring a tear to your eye :rofl2:

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Ha it has more scrap value than that. And a video that will probably bring a tear to your eye :rofl2:

Well, send me the little parts then. I'm sure I can find a new home for them... :wavey:

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Just fill up one of them boxes... I'll pay for shipping. smilietease

And how much do you wanna pay for parts? It's not my truck. A friend is just gonna let me test out a backhoe on his Superduty :rofl:

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Gosh. Crush it.

Ok sounds good. Can't give something away for free when it's not even mine to begin with. And I don't think people really should expect everything for free either.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Ok sounds good. Can't give something away for free when it's not even mine to begin with. And I don't think people really should expect everything for free either.

Agreed! (Never hurts to ask, though) :D

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I don't post here much, but it seems kinda sad that you couldn't work out a deal with Austin for some parts and/or the whole truck. Good Luck on getting a high price on scrap after you are done. I just did one and grand total was $160 dollars. You couldn't even help a man out that was gonna pay shipping for some small parts. Maybe you could have talked to your friend, I'm sure he would have been happy selling some stuff off the truck. Oh well, enjoy destroying a good truck that could have still been used for parts so you can make a video. Just my opinion.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Uh well Austin never made an offer on the front clip or any other parts for that matter. Just told me to package up all the small parts to send to him. Wow big deal he was going to pay the shipping. What about my time to remove the parts or anything like that? I also told my friend that someone was going to buy the clip and my friend told me that we would even deliver it to Georgia for him if the price was right. Austin never made any effort to contact me about the clip after he first posted this thread. I don't sit and wait for people to make up their minds on what they want to do. Because someone offers to pay shipping I'm supposed to just help people out? I sent him an air cleaner for free before and he didn't even offer to pay for the shipping. Some times people should just keep their opinions to themselves...especially when you don't know the whole story.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I don't post here much, but it seems kinda sad that you couldn't work out a deal with Austin for some parts and/or the whole truck. Good Luck on getting a high price on scrap after you are done. I just did one and grand total was $160 dollars. You couldn't even help a man out that was gonna pay shipping for some small parts. Maybe you could have talked to your friend, I'm sure he would have been happy selling some stuff off the truck. Oh well, enjoy destroying a good truck that could have still been used for parts so you can make a video. Just my opinion.

Uh well Austin never made an offer on the front clip or any other parts for that matter. Just told me to package up all the small parts to send to him. Wow big deal he was going to pay the shipping. What about my time to remove the parts or anything like that? I also told my friend that someone was going to buy the clip and my friend told me that we would even deliver it to Georgia for him if the price was right. Austin never made any effort to contact me about the clip after he first posted this thread. I don't sit and wait for people to make up their minds on what they want to do. Because someone offers to pay shipping I'm supposed to just help people out? I sent him an air cleaner for free before and he didn't even offer to pay for the shipping. Some times people should just keep their opinions to themselves...especially when you don't know the whole story.

Mr. Cobra: Sean has already covered several points that I will reiterate.

As stated, Sean sent me (for free) an air cleaner housing. I received it, used it, enjoyed it. I throughly thanked him for it and went on with my life. No, I did not offer to pay for it, nor shipping.

Fast forward to this thread. I wanted to know what was possible/impossible about doing 'the swap'. I learned some and Sean brought up his truck. Had I been interested in making a transaction, I would have sent him a private message. That message would include what I'd pay, etc. (Taking a truck apart isn't easy. I wouldn't expect him to do this for free) I also wouldn't expect him to be active with contacting me to make a sale; if I wanted it, I would have continued talking to him about it.

Oh, crushing the truck = less trucks out there = better values down the road for me. smilieFordlogo

Sean: Thanks for the air cleaner, you have a PM. :D

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts