Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Front clip swap?

Ok, that explains. The only actual change is right at the fenderwell. The clip is a straight swap, the cowl is the same 87 up. It doesn't look that much different on that cab, but the box probably looks a little out of place now.

I'm sorry to correct you, but the cowl is different by about an inch. I just did this to my 90. (Try to post pics later).

Everything from the Cab back is the same sheetmetal wise, obviously badging is different. You will need the rad support, cowl, hood, fenders. bumper, and the headlight/grill assy. Special mods will be: #1-A tab you will need to weld to the top of the structure where the fenders attach to the cab, #2- you will have to add an extra parking lamp socket to each side, #3- You have two options for the headlight sockets themselves, you can leave them as is and use you current headlight bulbs, I chose the latter and repinned the connector to use the 92 headlight bulbs. The biggest mod will be mounting the front bumper. 92 and newer frames have the crumple front frame horns and the bumpers bolt on from the sides, you got the old style frame that they bolt on from the front. What I did was use my 90 bumper mounts and welded them to the reinforcement plates for the 92 bumper, adjust and shim as required. Pretty easy swap really.

Fellro

Staff member
I have never put a tape across, so was going on cosmetic appearance, my mistake.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Well if you are gonna be in PA that's even better. Let me know if you plan on doing the swap. It's complete. Just let me know before we put a backhoe through the cab :rofl2: It's a 94 F-SuperDuty btw.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Well if you are gonna be in PA that's even better. Let me know if you plan on doing the swap. It's complete. Just let me know before we put a backhoe through the cab :rofl2: It's a 94 F-SuperDuty btw.

Really now?! I might just have a look at some other parts on it then!

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Hey Austin I'm putting a backhoe through the F-Superduty this week most likely :rofl2:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Be more fitting if it was that other brand of truck...but yeah, should be fun!

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Yeah it would be. We did try to fiberglass the hole in the oilpan to keep it around a little longer though :rofl2:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Give it to me, maybe that'll help...

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Give it to me, maybe that'll help...

You can buy it. 4 almost new tires in back. Good cab and front clip. Running diesel engine if you put a new oilpan in it.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts