Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Free Snowfighter Alternators

I have two of them on a shelf, and I'm going 3G instead. I was going to pitch them, but figured I'd offer them up if someone wants one for some reason. They are factory motorcraft, they are physically large, and I haven't tested them to see if they work. The bearings on one are better than the other. These are 75 amps, and were the factory correct piece for the snow fighter trucks if you were doing a resto or something along those lines. Free to good home.

Jared

608-617-5545

Got a call from Jared today, He's going to send me an OEM snow fighter alternator. Although my truck wasn't labeled "snow fighter", it did come with the same suspension. So it'll make a nice original equipment addition.
Reps to Jared

Haha! I told you that baby was big! As far as rebuilding it goes, I would say give it a shot yourself. Those old alts aren't internally regulated, so there isn't much to see inside. Split the case halves, press out the bearings, and get some new brushes. Sand blast the outer halves and then reassemble. It worked when I pulled it, so the armature should be fine. Let me know how it goes, and pics are nice! By the way, despite being bigger, it should mount directly in place of the smaller unit. I believe I sent the harness with it, but I'm pretty sure it's the same as your stock harness.

-Jared

Thanks Mark, I got your check for the shipping in the mail yesterday. Thanks too for the tip. Totally unnecessary, but much appreciated none the less.

I still have another one of these is someone has a use for it.

-Jared

Just took a glance and the snow fighter alternator doesn't have the same plug on the wiring harness as mine.:headbang:

Do you have a pic ?

It maybe an 80's alternator

Here's some pictures Dennis

00127.JPG

00216.JPG

00314.JPG

Hmmm... designed for a lincoln which sounds right

I have a photo of various Ford alternators here but I'm having a problem find it

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts