Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

frame reinforcing

odogf150

YOUNG GUN
utah
hey fellas, im curious to know what is the best way to reinforce the frame/chassis? slab of steel on the inside to make it tube? spacing in between? what about the rear i dont think i need todo that but would love to hear

odogf150

YOUNG GUN
utah
oh yeah forgot to mention the reason why is because the frame benders in my area said there might be potential for the frame to "sag" when they bend it back due to my suspension lift strain and the way i abuse it.... i dont see how the lines and everything will get in the way? shouldnt be a problem for me i guess

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Suspension lift strain?
I dont see how a lift strains a frame any more than factory suspensions do.

So your frame is currently bent, and your going to have it straightened?

Your wanting to reinforce the entire length of the frame or just certain areas?

As for the fuel lines and wiring.
Dont forget that your fuel filter is on the inside of the frame rail. So that must be moved if you plan on boxing your frame.

Unless your wheeling your rig, or making a sled puller or something similar out of it, i dont see a use in boxing in your frame...

I do know that with the off road guys, its popular to box in and strengthen the crumple zone on the front end But thats about it.

Getting good solid welds and maintaining solid strength on the top joints is going to be difficult with the bed and body on.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts