Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Found this sign in an antique store.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
You are right, I had my numbers mixed around. :) It is a 9N.

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
The N series tractors are little workhorses...Ive seen them at some antique tractor pulls and they just dont give up....

I was at one one time and this guy came rolling out there in a beautiful john deere, all restored damn near mint, he pulled half the track.

Then an old 8N, all beat to hell, sounded like it was barely running, he hooked it up and gave er hell, pulled the front end up and made a full pull....it was THE coolest thing id ever seen.

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
That's a really cool sign!

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Wow some pretty cool tractors for sure! reminds me of the wifes grandfather..he had the 9 & 8 N Tractors for his farm.before the estate auction oh its probably been 8 yrs ago, went down washed them all down in karosene got them in good running order for they were sitting for some time,you would not believe the condition they were in, mint!.they went for a pretty hefty price needless to say.The bidding wars were on that day.Now his did have the piece that locked both brake pedals together so you didnt get thrown off i cannot remember what it was called.He also had a shaw tractor if any of you know what those were i want to say it was a 1910-11 in that general area.it had a rope to wind around the crank to start it and if memory serves me well wooden wheels..another pretty cool piece.sorry i have no photos,not sure who got those.

Last edited:

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I sincerely apologize for the horrible image quality, I forgot the camera, and only had my antique phone.

It moves under its own power. ;) I am getting it ready to get back to work. :D

I never answered why this one has wide tires. The original front wheels rusted through, and these were the replacements.

img193_zps08de1a6c.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts