Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

fordrka1975

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
And that's on pump gas....
Damn....

purecountry

Tennessee Chapter member
This is what I wanna drop in my truck someday, and the prices aren't bad. The guy running the company is really bad ass and willing to work with you too. I've started putting back around $500 a month to get mine built for my 78 4x4. Its the Ultimate fighter 2 comp. package. set up for 110 octane.
545 ci. $7850 for the standard engine, + $500 for the p-51 heads, + $750 for the competition package. So $9100 for a motor making at bare minimum 850 HP at 6250 rpm, 825 lb/ft at 4500 rpm on 110+ octane race gas. Probably closer to 900 and 875.

http://www.carsbycarl.com/Crate_Engines.html

total aprox cost of my 501 $9000.00 including scat rotating assembly/maching edelbrock 800 cfm carb/airgap intake aluminum valve covers/water pump hei dist custom built cam roller rockers edelbrock aluminum heads ect ect ect just lots and lots of $$$$

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
total aprox cost of my 501 $9000.00 including scat rotating assembly/maching edelbrock 800 cfm carb/airgap intake aluminum valve covers/water pump hei dist custom built cam roller rockers edelbrock aluminum heads ect ect ect just lots and lots of $$$$

I bet that truck will haul some balls :D

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts