Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ford Truck Newbie

Just registered here today. Last March 31st I got an '89 F150 4X4 6cyl 5-speed with almost 200K miles on it (I used my '95 Aerostar as a trade in). First pickup I ever owned, although back in the '80s I had a '67 Chevy Suburban. I actually prefer Fords since the other three Fords I have owned seemed to run forever even though the other things on the vehicles fell apart. The engines just seem indestructible!smilieFordlogo

This particular truck is an absolute brute! It runs great, just like new! Got a new exhaust system and its also very quiet. I also got a new starter and I'm planning to get some major work done on it. (new brakes, shocks, ft. u-joints and ball joints etc.) to get it ready for this winter. Then bodywork will be next. The truck is kind of rusty but luckily its concentrated in just a few areas and not all over the cab/bed. The cab itself is very solid without any rust at all on the floorboards.

Finding good, or even any, used Ford trucks seems to be almost impossible since I don't happen to have 8 or 10K$ lying around and I don't want a car note. I understand used vehicles are at a premium these days.

This looks like a cool site and I'm hoping to get some useful info (and great entertainment!) out of it. I'll have plenty of questions, too (but not right now!).:)

Welcome to the site, BigSix300! Make yourself at home.....Post up, post often, and when you get a chance, post some pictures of your truck!

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
welcome to FTF, our own personal wasted slice of cyperspace! lets see some pics of that truck!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts