Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ford recommends BP?

So i was checking out our new Ranger. It's either a 2008 or 2009 i cant remember and i noticed this on the gas cap. It says "Ford recommends BP." I've been using BP exclusively for the past 3 years just because i thought my truck ran better on it. It just feels like it has more pickup and it turns out that Ford agrees with me! Did anyone else know this?

07-25-08_1600.jpg

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Very interesting... Not very many BP's around these parts... I generally try to use Chevron or Shell, but sometimes the cost is prohibitive.

i think the few that came to springfield a year or two ago just got bought out by phillips 66.

never got gas there, so i can't comment

Very interesting... Not very many BP's around these parts... I generally try to use Chevron or Shell, but sometimes the cost is prohibitive.

Lol.

Arco is BP. There is an arco Mace/Second St. across from chevron/shell. Well, your the other side of town, so whatever.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Lol.

Arco is BP. There is an arco Mace/Second St. across from chevron/shell. Well, your the other side of town, so whatever.
Oh really? I've always been told that Arco has crappy gas... And I always assumed it to be true since their gas is usually cheaper than the competitors.

Oh really? I've always been told that Arco has crappy gas... And I always assumed it to be true since their gas is usually cheaper than the competitors.

Their gas is cheaper because they only accept cash/debit. The others are higher because they accept credit cards. If you use cash/debit arco is better.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
So how come Arco's gas stations are always in shabbier condition?

And yes I know from experience... I filled up at the Arco on Mace and 2nd for over a year when I lived in East Davis.

So how come Arco's gas stations are always in shabbier condition?

And yes I know from experience... I filled up at the Arco on Mace and 2nd for over a year when I lived in East Davis.

Shabbier? Hmm, I dont know if I could say that. I dont fill up often but I do go to AM/PM alot when I am thirsty. I would say it is better than the stations across the freeway.

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
I use BP in my truck , and yes it does make a difference , around here there are more than double the BP's than any other gas stations.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yeah well those stations are GHETTO, lol.

Nah I mean the Chevrons and Shells and 76s in Davis.... They're all MUCH nicer than both of the Arco's here in town (there's another one at Russell & Anderson).

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Dad's '07 Focus has the same thing on the gas cap.

I never paid any attention, though, because I don't think I know of a BP station closer than Pennsylvania.

Michigan
on new car pickups we would take em to BP and fill em up when i was workin at the ford dealer. I never use BP anyways, speedway for the win!

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
ahh its all crap i tell you.. maybe BP sponsers ford or ford gets some money from them ;) either way it isnt free

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts