Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

For your Chrome lovers with a 9"

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
its either the main part of the housing all chromed out or a slip cover.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Agreed with Travis. Now I'm a big fan of Chrome...but I dunno if I like that.

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
From the way it looks, if it's a slip cover wouldn't it then cover the seals ? If so that would have the potential to make a mess without you even knowing it was leaking until it "oozed" out of the slip cover. I love chrome too and have a chrome cover on my diff, but I'm not sure I like this one either.
Dak

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I don't know If I like it or not either. I too am a fan of chrome and I have the chrome covers on my differentials, but that looks like maybe too much. Nice find though and idea.

Maybe some companies will come out with a list of "Bad Economy Busters" parts sales soon :rollseyes:

It's a polished aluminum piece that attaches with about 8 screws..............almost $800 is a lot of money for a little bling :)

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
It's a polished aluminum piece that attaches with about 8 screws..............almost $800 is a lot of money for a little bling :)

Geez, I wouldn't think it would be that expensive..........Way too much for that. For much less, one could just powercoat the entire axle housing Chrome and be done with it.

FTF'er
It would look cool in an old T bucket or something, but still not $800 worth of cool.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Too much money. I got rid of my chrome valve covers because I got tired of cleaning them. I can't even imagine how often you have to polish that.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
That sounds about right :rofl:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts