Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

FNG from California

I was referred to this site from another Ford truck site with a milder name shall we say. I have a 1978 F150 that I am building. So far I've gutted the interior and replaced everything with new stuff. I rebuilt the rear 9" with new gears, Strange case and a Detroit, installed Deaver 6" leafs and 6" coils up front as well as radius arm drop brackets. I've got some Bilstein 5150's in boxes waiting to go on for shocks, rebuilt the NP205, and now I'm working on the engine.

Problem for me is that the previous owner dropped in a 460 which is proving problematic for smog in California. So, I'm scavenging smog parts from junkyards with the promise from the smog ref that I can smog it if I put it back to 1978 light duty truck (8000 GVWR and less for Ca.) smog standards. My last project was a 1976 Blazer that took four years to build and is tricked out for offroad but I've always been a Ford guy so it is for sale. Glad to be here.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Good to have you, glad you found the site. We have quite the dentside following here. I'd love to see pics of the rig(s). As for smog stuff, there should be a few folks here that should get you going...and if need be, I still have all the smog stuff I stripped off my 79 Bronco. So enjoy the site and post often.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Welcome, post some pics up sometime.

Welcome to the site

This is the site almost all of the good intelligent people that were banned on the other site came to.

I'll watch for your thread in the generation 6 forum

I'm from the SF bay area, specifically the Tri-Valley east of SF. I'll have to throw some pics up but I only have a couple so far. I bought my F150 non-op in Ca. and it has been on the side yard now for months being worked on. It is Tangerine Orange with the original paint. As for the "other" website, I have noticed that it is very tame. There are some good folks who provide great technical help but also a lot of posts that go unanswered. I've been a long time member on CK5.com, which is for Chevy Blazers and more of an off-road site.

As for the "other" website, I have noticed that it is very tame. There are some good folks who provide great technical help but also a lot of posts that go unanswered

That's because they banned all the smart 73-79 guys with the Knowledge and resources.
Speaking of myself of course

Numberdummy on this site is BKW

Numberdummy was a great help several times for me. We spoke on the phone a few times and he helped me source some stuff. I didn't know you were banned over there. I don't mind a lively discussion now and again and have a pretty thick skin.....

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Numberdummy was a great help several times for me. We spoke on the phone a few times and he helped me source some stuff. I didn't know you were banned over there. I don't mind a lively discussion now and again and have a pretty thick skin.....

A lot of us got banned from there and I don't miss it. This site is a lot better site IMO

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Glad to have another Cali user even if you do live closet the resident apple hippie.

We all came from somewhere else for some reason or another. This site is a great site and were happy to have all the members we do have. Hope you enjoy your stay.

One of the things we try very hard not to do here is dwell on the past or to bash other sites. It is generally found to be unproductive. Bad sites will eventually fail and good sites will flourish

blacksnapon

Staff member
elcome to the site! Theres a lot of intelligent people here. We have certified Ford dealer tech help, aftermarket independent garage help, Mi1lion and BKW can help with parts and somewhat obsolete wiring diagrams. If you need help, all you have to do is ask.

Bashing other sites is certainly not my intent. I haven't been banned from any other site and so it isn't on my radar. I am glad to have another source to find technical help with my rig. So far Mil1ion has already sent me a bunch of information so I am happy to have found the site.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I've been a long time member on CK5.com, which is for Chevy Blazers and more of an off-road site.

We won't hold that against you, we can't all be perfect:wasntme: smilietease smilieFordlogo

Ford Truck Articles