Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

FNG - bear with me

I'm not only new to this forum, but forums in general. I appologize in advance for any oversights in forum ettiquite I will make.

I just left another Ford truck forum that didn't really fit my interests. After lurking here for about ten minutes, FTF seems like a much better fit.

I'm interested in a few performance mods to my recently purched '06 F150 4x4, with a bent towards reliabily, economy, and getting to and from my favorite duck blinds and pheasant fields (I am transplanted from KS to SC, so the Fez are a long ways off).

This is my second F150 4x4, the first was a double-ought. Both SCabs, both 5.4L's

The ball 'n chain drives an '02 Exploder, so called because after the extended warranty expired, a lot of "little" (read minor, but expensive) $&!# started happening.

I have a lot more questions than answers. I'll gladly help where I can, but I really look forward to lurking, listening and asking.

Thanks,

Rooster

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Welcome- we're happy to have you on board! :wavey:

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Welcome to the site man and don't worry about being new...if you have any issues with how to use this site just holler make a thread and one of us will be more than happy to holler. The literal reason for the Explorers getting the term Exploder was from when they first came out and were equipped with Firestone tires...they tended to "explode" at speed and cause dangerous rollovers....which also lead to the use of side-curtain airbags...once again welcome to the site!

Welcome Rooster, Glad to have you. Don't sweat the newness thing - we were all there at one time.

I think you'll find the folks here to be friendly and willing to help.

SC
Welcome man.

What part of SC? Im in St George ( about half way between Charleston and Columbia and about 10 miles from where I-26 and I-95 cross)

Ill be happy to help with some suggestions for your truck. Might be better if you posted another thread in the appropriate forum though.

welcome ..i.m curious to what ford site didn't appeal to you

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Welcome aboard man. Were glad to have ya. If there is anything you need let me or one of the othe mods know and we'll help out best we can.

We got some nice rides around here and LOTS of knowledgable folks who are always willing to help.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Welcome to our website! There is a great community of guys here and I'm sure you'll like it. If you have any problems navigating or using the website, feel free to contact any Admin or Moderator.

"Rooster" is my high school's mascot. YelloThumbUp

:welcome:

Ryan

WOW, I usually only get greeted this well by my dog!

MTFlat - the world ain't too flat around Kallispell, is it? Flatheads rock! Nothing beats the sound of the original V8. Closest I get is my Shovelhead.
Likeastone - Sorry to break it to you, Reagan is dead. Let's hope the Constitution doesn't follow suit. By the way, there's nothing wrong with purple shirts, I'm a K-State Wildcat after all.

Awesome Rooster. Welcome to FTF. :wavey:

It sounds like you will fit right in. :)

TazDevil07

Go Ahead and Git Some Boy
Welcome to FTF! I think most of us have come from "other sites". I'm sure you'll like us! Please post up some pics when you get a chance.

00BlueOvalRanger

Old Fart Sharpshooter
welcome ..i.m curious to what ford site didn't appeal to you

:wasntme: Dennis made a funny!:rolling laugh: :wasntme:
He might not have been too enthusiastic about the other site.

Welcome, Rooster!!!!!!!

You like Pheasant Hunting!?!?!?!?!? You're alright in my book. I don't care what the others are sayin' 'bout cha!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts