Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

flashers stopped flashing

Hey all,

So yesterday I was bringing the big ladder to Dad's to help him decorate the house, I was driving just under the speed limit and decided to use the flashers, about 3 minutes in I noticed they stopped flashing and were on solid.

blinkers worked fine so I assume its the four way flasher, haven't look into it yet, but if not any other suggestions?

Figured I replace the flasher, if that didn't work look into the switch, if that don't get it, not worry about it and hope I don't need the flashers :wasntme:

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Try checking out your bulbs and the sockets for corrosion and dirt as well as your wiring connections, flasher units both for the four way flashers and also for the directional signal (turn signals). Check your grounds as well hopefully it's not your switch for the switch is in the steering column and it could be a bear to replace. Hopefully you find this bit of information helpful to you, or anyone else that reads this post with the same problem.

Try checking out your bulbs and the sockets for corrosion and dirt as well as your wiring connections, flasher units both for the four way flashers and also for the directional signal (turn signals). Check your grounds as well hopefully it's not your switch for the switch is in the steering column and it could be a bear to replace. Hopefully you find this bit of information helpful to you, or anyone else that reads this post with the same problem.

Actually they have two flashers.
One for each operation

One is under the dash taped to the harness
The other is on the left kick panel.
HD-12 Is what you should need

If the hazard lights are on and the brake pedal actuated, the lights will freeze in the on position.

Hazard Lights

Hey all,

So yesterday I was bringing the big ladder to Dad's to help him decorate the house, I was driving just under the speed limit and decided to use the flashers, about 3 minutes in I noticed they stopped flashing and were on solid.

blinkers worked fine so I assume its the four way flasher, haven't look into it yet, but if not any other suggestions?

Figured I replace the flasher, if that didn't work look into the switch, if that don't get it, not worry about it and hope I don't need the flashers :wasntme:

Hello and good morning.

Do you have another vehicle or a friend whose flasher unit you can borrow for testing?

This way you will know if it is something else.

Take care

Boon

"Always do what is free first".

Last edited:
The 2 flashers can be swapped to see if the problem follows the flasher. I would rule out the bulbs, sockets, and corrosion since the turn signals still work,

Hey all,

Hello and good evening.

In addition to the other suggestions there is another possibility. You did not designate the year or model but some, like my 87 F150 has not only the flashing unit plugged into the fuse panel BUT HAS ANOTHER DIRECTLY BEHIND THE FIRST on the back of the Fuse Panel but you cannot see it without an Inspection Mirror.

Just a suggestion but put your vehicle's information by editing your signature using the CP tab.

Boon

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts