Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

flare side owners

odogf150

YOUNG GUN
utah
If you are going to being putting a 30 gallon tank in and only plan a few trips where you may need a little extra how about a gas can or two secured in the bed in case you need a few extra gallons. 30+ gallons should be fine for normal driving.

naw i hate that. the places i go and the way i drive everything bumps all over the place and the can always leak all over the spare, jack, chain box, coolers, boots etc. too messy and pointless for me

Fellro

Staff member
gauge is the same, it is the switch wiring that is needed to make that work. It flips to where it reads the other sensor.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Is this a gen 8 or gen 9?

I don't know about the gen 8, but on the gen 9, if you only have 1 tank then there is a blank plastic plate that is bolted in place of the dual-tank switch. If you remove this plate you'll find that there is an electrical harness attached to the back of it. Turns out that the blank plate just has jumper wires inside, and you can literally swap the plate for the switch-version and the harness will plug right in. No re-wiring necessary.

I don't know if this is the case for gen 8 trucks.

odogf150

YOUNG GUN
utah
9. i dont have that blank plate on mine. i know i removed the dash many times i think i can customize it to fit some where though

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
If it's a gen 9 then there should be a blank plate right next to your headlight knob. You can see in this picture that I've got a silver efan switch mounted in mine:

DSC01521Medium.jpg

odogf150

YOUNG GUN
utah
If it's a gen 9 then there should be a blank plate right next to your headlight knob. You can see in this picture that I've got a silver efan switch mounted in mine:

DSC01521Medium.jpg

oh yeah thanks for the pic i was thinking by the 4x4 push botton side. but yeah mine is the relay for some of the electrical grounds. when i disconnect i try to start it up no go no fuel pump. but when i plug it back together it goes. i can move it some where else and get another peice for the switch

odogf150

YOUNG GUN
utah
Is this a gen 8 or gen 9?

I don't know about the gen 8, but on the gen 9, if you only have 1 tank then there is a blank plastic plate that is bolted in place of the dual-tank switch. If you remove this plate you'll find that there is an electrical harness attached to the back of it. Turns out that the blank plate just has jumper wires inside, and you can literally swap the plate for the switch-version and the harness will plug right in. No re-wiring necessary.

I don't know if this is the case for gen 8 trucks.

you just helped me answer my own question on that one thanks again

odogf150

YOUNG GUN
utah
oh yeah thanks for the pic i was thinking by the 4x4 push botton side. but yeah mine is the relay for some of the electrical grounds. when i disconnect i try to start it up no go no fuel pump. but when i plug it back together it goes. i can move it some where else and get another peice for the switch

duh........

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
:rofl: Yeah you just need to switch out that blank plate for one with a switch on it and you'll be in business. You can find it at a junkyard or probably on rockauto.com

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Chris, I see they put your fuel filter in the same PITA spot as mine...Also, noticed you have a lightning rearend..nice.

To the OP, if you need anymore pics, lemme know I have a singlecab flareside.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts