Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

First thread

Wierd- they've gotten hammered on the .gov crash tests two years in a row.

That's not true.

They got 4 out of 5 "stars" on the gubment test which is 3%-9% less than the full 5 "stars'.

Of course, they got 5 out of 5 on the Insurance institute tests.

If I was truly worried about "stars", you think I would have bought a 150MPH F-150 after its scores????:)

The '07 Crew Cab in the pic got 13-15 in town, 19-20 hwy pretty consistently. I'm a fairly conservative driver though.

That'll make the Silverado Hybrid (due in a few months) interesting. City mpg should get bumped about 5 mpg, like the Tahoe, but the 2-mode hybrid brings along an extra 250 hp to the party.

I honestly believe I could get 18+ if I slowed down.

The thing is like a Corvette at 65MPH.......I'll double check but I think it's around 1500RPM!!!!

Super tall 6th gear!!!

Two sides to evey story:

http://www.autonews24h.com/Insurance/1874.html

"In other vehicle categories, the 2007 Toyota Tundra was the only pickup to receive the top score. Three minivans received the highest marks: Ford Freestar, Hyundai Entourage and the Kia Sedona.

For pickups, the institute gave poor ratings to Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic and the GMC Sierra 1500 Classic; Dodge Ram 1500; Ford Ranger and Mazda B Series; Nissan Frontier and certain versions of Ford F-150, Dodge Dakota and Mitsubishi Raider."

I'm assuming the classic is the last of the GMT-800's

Last edited:

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Two sides to evey story:

http://www.autonews24h.com/Insurance/1874.html

"In other vehicle categories, the 2007 Toyota Tundra was the only pickup to receive the top score. Three minivans received the highest marks: Ford Freestar, Hyundai Entourage and the Kia Sedona.

For pickups, the institute gave poor ratings to Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Classic and the GMC Sierra 1500 Classic; Dodge Ram 1500; Ford Ranger and Mazda B Series; Nissan Frontier and certain versions of Ford F-150, Dodge Dakota and Mitsubishi Raider."

I'm assuming the classic is the last of the GMT-800's

Correct- interesting that it was even mentioned, since the new Silverado was introduced six months before the Tundra. I can hardly wait until we start a thread about media bias. smilietease

BTW- you do realize that article was about head restraints, not total vehicle crashworthyness?

Right now, though, I gotta call it a night.

Last edited:
Correct- interesting that it was even mentioned, since the new Silverado was introduced six months before the Tundra. I can hardly wait until we start a thread about media bias. smilietease

Right now, though, I gotta call it a night.

Must be getting old!!!

I remember that little green dot on till the wee hours of the morning!!!

'night buddy!!

BTW- you do realize that article was about head restraints, not total vehicle crashworthyness?

http://www.projo.com/projocars/content/ca_safetruck_11-24-07_9Q7U7N8_v9.1343346.html

"To be named a Top Safety Pick, a vehicle must receive a score of good — the highest rating — in the institute’s front, side and rear-impact tests."

"The institute tested three other full-size pickup trucks: the Nissan Titan, Ford F-150 and Dodge Ram. The Titan and Ram have stability control as an option; the F-150 does not. None of these, however, qualified as a top pick because none received a rating of good for rear impact, meaning their head restraints did not provide what the institute considered good protection in a rear-end collision"

Last edited:

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
...Big SUV's:

GM owns this segment (60-65% market share, depending on regular or luxury class), and there's a lot of good reasons for that. GM understands these vehicles aren't bought as trucks. They're luxury mommy station-wagons, and GM builds the best of the breed on the planet. Designed by, and for, affluent moms everywhere- that's the secret to their success. The fact that they have 4WD or can tow a decent sized trailer are completely secondary to their mission in life.

I'm still bummed that they didn't build an SS....:( (Ernie knows this conversation ALL too well).

RocketScience

Alleged Recruiter
Wow.......I mean WOW!!!

I'm away from civilization (electricity) for four days and I come back to find a 'Ford vs. The Rest' forum, and DOHCmarauder as one of the Mods???............WTF???

Seriously, kudos to management for being willing to give it a try, and double kudos for choosing two tech savvy dudes to moderate it. Right on! YelloThumbUp

P.S.

Jack,
I'ts been a long road trip home, I'm zapped from 104* weather, it's 10:00 and I'm going to bed. I'll give you a call mañana.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Happened in Arkankas, as I recall (what a shock). Kid in the pickup (you just knew there was a teenager involved in that pic somehow) was distracted by his cellphone, missed a curve and jumped over a berm into said garage... and on top of the Ferrari. But hey, at least the Vespa scooter in the corner was undamaged.

Happened in Arkankas, as I recall (what a shock). Kid in the pickup (you just knew there was a teenager involved in that pic somehow) was distracted by his cellphone, missed a curve and jumped over a berm into said garage... and on top of the Ferrari. But hey, at least the Vespa scooter in the corner was undamaged.

Wow, he must have had some serious :spank: when he got home...

What a stupid kid.... :slap:

Ford Truck Articles