Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

First job under ownership!

Michigan
Well i made a post a while back about the guy i was helping do performance work on the 5.7L and 6.1L hemi motors found in the newer mopar cars and jeeps.

Well now hes gone and im the new "owner" i finally got my very first job! And to top it off its a very big project. What it is, its a 07 SRT8 Jeep. Comes stock with a 6.1L 370 cid motor. Im pulling that motor and dropping in a bored and stroked 6.1L punched out to a 440 cid. Hes also getting a set of ported heads, intake, longtube headers, and underdrive pully. After the dyno tuning i am putting in a built transmission and transfer case since its AWD. Only one other in the world and he runs 11.42's in the quarter.

The one im doing has a bigger cam and the owner and i are shooting to have him the fastest 440 jeep in the country. Heres some pictures of my progress..

Also i need to find someone to help me lol sucks spending all day in the shop listening to music and thats it..

100_6267.jpg

100_6268.jpg

100_6277.jpg

Michigan
O work pretty much at three places.. Snowmobile performance and repair shop in the winter. Mopar metal restoration shop in the spring summer and fall, and i own michigan hemi performance now that the original owner moved to florida for a job. This summer should be interesting with the hemi shop and hopefully i wont have to do the trim restoration crap. But we will see.

Michigan
yup thats all. Its a big market and i hope it gets bigger.

Michigan
Also travel. Im hoping to be in st louis this spring, along with El paso and Georgia. Just waiting for a call back when they are ready.

Michigan
spankya, pays good for what i love to do. This thing should rip! the other 440 heep made 520 rwhp with a mild cam. With a couple hundred dyno tune trips with this heep we should be makin around 580-600

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
congrats! ill take the old stock 6.1L off your hands! i can make my truck a real frankenford

Ford Truck Articles