Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Finaly!

I found a disk brake conversion for the 10.25 full floater on broncograveyard.com but it appears to only has one piston on the caliper. Would that be adiquate braking power for the rear end?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Now i have a buddy that has a 86 ford and they have the disc conversion but theyve gon through a few rear ends and they put blame on the disk breaks would a conversion have any effect like that on a rear end?

Fellro

Staff member
I can't see how the brakes make a rear axle fail, only way I can see a relationship would be leakage or if the parking brake were to drag or such.

The single piston would be likely plenty, as the rear does only about 1/4 the braking of the front. What I don't see is any form of parking brake...

I can't see how the brakes make a rear axle fail, only way I can see a relationship would be leakage or if the parking brake were to drag or such.

The single piston would be likely plenty, as the rear does only about 1/4 the braking of the front. What I don't see is any form of parking brake...

Yeah i wasnt sure how it would have any effect. and now that you mention it i dont see anything on a parking break either for the conversions. thatd be disapointing if they left a e break out

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts