Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Finally had to do it!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I am going to feel out the one at Burger King in Villa Ridge Sat. if I like the way things turn out I will have to get with them and see about maybe setting up an area!

Just wanted to add a couple of things. The sonic we were at...did not have nearly enough room. The place was packed. About 1/4 of the vehicles were off in the grass around the lot. People could barely squeeze through to see the cars and there were no parking places for the people to just see the show. They had to park elsewhere.

That is not good. No way can the cruise in grow at that location. If you are looking for a place...try to find one that has a huge lot or has a field (mowed) next it or or something.

Goodie bags....Some of the items I have been getting: Most of it is just catalogs and adds from car related businesses. Jegs, Summit racing, all sorts of old car parts suppliers, hagerty insurance was a big sponsor of the goodies at this one. They had really nice bags to put everything in from them.

Also...they usually contain all sorts of stickers from every automotive type thing you can think of. comp cams, edelbrock, and those type of things. Some of them contain small samples of car related things like polishes and stuff.

I always get ink pens, calendars, key chains, etc. Usually those are from banks or insurance companies. Refrigerator magnets too.

All that type of stuff you can get free by doing some contact work and asking.

The slightly larger shows (like this one the past weekend) had dash plaques for the first 50 who register. The big shows have them for everyone who registers.

Of course you would want to include fliers for the website and maybe even bumper stickers or other small ones. Maybe ink pens, refrigerator magnets, or even key chains with the site on them.

Now the site specific stuff...would cost some to get made up.

Just throwing out information I can think of to make one be successful.

I have an A&W mug from one of the local shows last year that was etched with the show and club name/date.

Also...encourage local car clubs to bring fliers about their shows, cruises, and other car related events and distribute them at your cruise ins. Usually, I have a pile of them in my truck seat by the time an event is over.

Music: Most of the events I have been to have music playing outside. If the theme is 50s vehicles...they play 50s music (etc.). Quite a few of them have a microphone setup too. They usually have door prizes (things like hats and stuff) and they announce the winners that way. I got a jegs hat last Saturday. A few weeks ago..I got one from summit racing.

Just stuff that you can come up with to keep the show interesting will help.

Ford Truck Articles