Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Finally got an aircleaner for the F4

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
....thanks to Josh. He found an ad on HAMB by John for a complete 226. By the time I got hold of him, he had traded the engine for parts at the local junkyard. He was able to talk them out of the aircleaner.

I pick it up next Sat in Pennsylvania. YelloThumbUp

Tim,

Cool. Way back when I had the 226 in my truck the air cleaner was missing. I searched around and found and old oil bath cleaner that worked.....well, it fit the carb anyway.
We used to have several old wrecking yards around here where that kind of thing could be found laying around on the ground. I'm afraid those days are long gone now

Congrats on the score
Bobby

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Sweet.....I take it from the excited post that it's a big deal to find an era specific part in good shape? If so, congrats on the find!

Yeah, thanks, its hard to find them for the six cylinder. I've had the truck for 2 years and this is the first one I've been able to come up with. ebay has aircleaners from time to time, but I haven't seen one I could verify would fit. The throat is smaller than those on the V8's 2 5/16" instead of 2 5/8"

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts