Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Finally Found My Buck Tag

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I pulled up the carpet the other day to replace the dimmer switch, and the buck tag was on the floor underneath the carpet. The VIN number is stamped incorrectly. The manufacturer designation on the buck tag is "P", which should be an "R" for San Jose.

I realize that a lot of info on the tag is for manufacturing purposes only, but I would like to know if someone can give some info about the codes. The VIN itself has already beeen decoded.

Numbers off the buck tag are listed below.

F14SPBE8145 14-279

SX 133 BDY 4 BAR D

1C MLD LAR RCE TD

A XCJ P 6 93 BOTH

Possum

Georgia Chapter member
Ain't got no help fer ya there[confused]

BUT... wuts the difference between the VIN # and a Buck Tag??

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
The VIN is the number that the vehicle is registered by.(11 digits in this case)

The buck tag is a piece of stamped metal wired to some place on the body that is used for line employees to put the proper equipment on the truck as it goes down the assembly line. But the buck tag also includes the VIN number, which, in my case, is stamped incorrectly.

P = Twin Cities which was building 78-9's

I'll have to check for 77's

F14SPBE8145

14 = 14th week
or
DSO = Pittsburg

279 = shift 279

SX

133 = wheelbase 133

BDY 4 = Styleside box

BAR D = I forget

1C = Paint code = Black

MLD LAR RCE TD = Lariat with racetrack moldings

A = Trans = Automatic
or
A = Tilt column (adjustable steering)

XCJ + ? 4x4 with Power steering

P 6 + ?

93 ?
BOTH - Dual Fuel Tanks

I'll try to get back with the ? answers

Last edited:

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Thank You very much, Dennis. The "P" in the VIN is misstamped. The tag on the door is an "R", for San Jose.

....................weird :)

Ford Truck Articles