Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

filthy paint, sticker removal

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
For vinyl and plastic it's supposed to be safe. Like the box says, test it on a small hidden area to make sure it wont do damage before you do it on a larger area. I was reading on a car forum, bunch of fanatics talking about how they clean their cars with all these crazy professional/expensive products, and they were talking about how they used the magic eraser on their interior but wouldn't dare use it on the paint. I wouldn't either. I've seen how powerful it is taking scuffs off the walls in my house, its incredible. Wouldn't trust it on something so precious as my truck.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah Chris I saw that too...and one of the reasons why I was skeptical at first. So I used it on the van, didn't notice any ill affects...then tried it on the Bronco, same story. Then tried it on Thunder...worked fine...so that built up my confidence in it enough to use it sparingly on Red...I trust it that much at least. The way I see it, it's no different than someone washing/drying their vehicle with the harshness of a bath towel or scrub brush or even a drive through car wash. I figure you'll do more harm to the paint by not using a new clay bar often enough, or if you don't use a wash bucket dirt/grit strainer. Just my 2 cents though.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
didn't notice any ill affects
The ill affects might not be noticeable yet. Say for example if you stripped away some of the clear coat (and I think you probably did). A couple years from now you'd start to see a few spots that are a little bit dull. Mr Clean wouldn't put the warning on the container if they didn't mean it-- it only hurts their sales to limit the utility of their product with warnings like that.

UTfball68 said:
The way I see it, it's no different than someone washing/drying their vehicle with the harshness of a bath towel or scrub brush or even a drive through car wash.
If the magic eraser does indeed have abrasives such as fiberglass then it is QUITE different. The bath towel is made of cotton/cloth...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Point taken Chris...God I need to start listening to the post king.

Many years ago, for windshields, we'd use BON AMI cleanser.!

Holy crap Keith.....you just aged us old guys 10 yrs. Bon Ami.
Can't even buy it here anymore. I remember it and used it it on my '67 Galaxie 500. Three yrs later Gas was invented. I got electric the same yr in my bedroom! Damn You!:pimp:

Holy crap Keith.....you just aged us old guys 10 yrs. Bon Ami.
Can't even buy it here anymore. I remember it and used it it on my '67 Galaxie 500. Three yrs later Gas was invented. I got electric the same yr in my bedroom! Damn You!:pimp:

This stuff?

http://www.bonami.com/

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts