Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Feels like I'm riding in a wave pool

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hell, find a buddy with 4 good used tires/rims and do a quick swap...

That's actually a really good suggestion. I think I'll do that. Just gotta find a buddy with a 5x5.5 bolt pattern. Most of my buddies don't drive Bronco's/1/2 tons and if they do, they're newer than '97. But thanks...I'm gonna make a few calls to find something.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Older jeeps have the same bolt pattern If ya have a buddy with a cj then ya can use those wheels.

Again...thanks for the info, I always forget about Jeeps.

rotate the tires again, if it goes away or changes then its the tires, if not turn the drums, really if its the drums it should be worse while braking, but remember that drums always drag, so it could be felt anytime

chuck101st

Springfield XD-9
Downs,IL.
Hey Texas, How long does it take to rotate those? LOL!!

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
It sounds like a bad tire to me.

chuck101st

Springfield XD-9
Downs,IL.

Fellro

Staff member
Sounds broken belt to me, they tend to do the side jig when they go. I have one on the front of my truck that I just spotted. It shows in the tread pattern, the whole tread line looks kinda like ~ but no feel as yet, but when they get way bad, they tend to wiggle..

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Alright fellas, found a guy who would swap out 33's with me, drove around a little bit, and my tire(s) are definitely the culprit. I definitely think it's the one tire that went down hill fast (like 200 miles) before the alignment. The tire just looks like it has no sidewall support. There are no eggs or belts showing yet. Anybody wanna take a guess at how long the tire will last? Or should I just take the time and money and get a new set?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Why not just get ya a used one for it of the same type and size?

Well mainly because I cringe at mix-matched tires and secondly because I was wanting a new set anyways. On top of that, I don't have a shop around here with big enough used tires. However, I don't have the funds right now to get the 'Claws that I wanted, so it might be a good time to try out those military 36" Good Year RII's.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
There ya go When I put some new front springs on mine and my tires wear out I might take a look at em too. Do you got any army surplus yards out there?

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I wouldn't mess around with a faulty tire. It can blow in an instant and you never know where you'll be and what you'll be doing. I'm the same way. I can't stand mix-matched tires or having bad tire to boot. I hate seeing my truck right now with crappy tires and wheels on it. Just waiting until summer to get my stuff. Why buy new stuff right now when I'm not driving. Also I'm not completely sold on anything yet.

DON'T mess around with that separated tire, the plies rub against each other inside the tire until it gets so hot it goes BOOM! just like driving with a really low tire. There is no telling when its going to let go, best thing to do is just not let it... If you go for the military 36's post up how you like them, can't go wrong on price and they don't look like they would wheel to bad

Buy the 33s off your buddy lol

You already know you wont have fun with those 36" Goodyears cause they have crappy road manners...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Buy the 33s off your buddy lol

You already know you wont have fun with those 36" Goodyears cause they have crappy road manners...

HAHA...I was hoping to go no less than 35's and anywhere up to a 37. Thanks for mentioning the 36's...how come none of you called me a frickin idiot for even considering the GY 36's? After searching for about an hour and almost buying a set, I had a 'DUH-HUH' moment...What size rim do the GY's accept...a 16.5"er, what size rim does a Bronco have...15'ers. Thanks for catching that one for me fellas.'smiliedoh'

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts