Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

F450 Tires

Haven't been around in awhile seem to have been to busy to get here. Anyway, I just purchased a 2007 F450 6.0L auto 4x4 dump truck. The dealership put a new set of Bridgestone R250 steers on it.

Does anybody have any idea of how good those steer tires are? Also this winter maybe early next year I will need a new set of drive tires and I was wondering if anyone had opinions on what some good tires would be.

The size is 225/70R19.5

The truck is used in Landscaping and pushing snow. Most of the time it will be on road, with the occasional trip off road. I will also need something that will do well pushing snow.

Thanks

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Most important question- how many drive axles on that truck?

The Bridgestones are fine tires- hwy tread, I'm assuming? if the trucks a RWD.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
We had an F-550 4x4 with a cube on it and it got stuck even looking at any kind of mud especially with the low profile tires.....I can't find the exact tire we used but it wound up being a Goodyear tire with the most aggresive tread we could find....that helped out considerably....there was minimal road noise and they wore well....they were similar to these:
http://www.goodyear.com/cfmx/web/truck/line.cfm?prodline=160107

We had an F-550 4x4 with a cube on it and it got stuck even looking at any kind of mud especially with the low profile tires.....I can't find the exact tire we used but it wound up being a Goodyear tire with the most aggresive tread we could find....that helped out considerably....there was minimal road noise and they wore well....they were similar to these:
http://www.goodyear.com/cfmx/web/truck/line.cfm?prodline=160107

This truck definatley isn't going to be an "off road" truck. The main use will be snow pushing and dumping dirt and mulch in yards. Thanks for the info on the Goodyears. The minimal road noise is a plus for me as I do drive alot on the roads.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts