Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

F250 460 engine swap

sorry that i have to upload these one at a time but the pictures are really big coming from my phone, here is the finished product tho
Actually i cant upload anymore apparently and i dont know how to downsize the images on this computer but it is finished and it runs fantastic. i only have one problem, i dont know what exactly makes a 4 barrel activate but mine wont kick in and ive tried to get on it several times. anyone have any advice?

Attachments

• Engine Finished (side).JPG
Last edited:
Ever hear of vacuum secondaries, or mechanical secondaries ?

They usually only come on when the gas pedal is getting near fully depressed.
With gasoline at $5.00/gal
The idea is to keep the secondaries off

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
If they're vacuum secondaires, you could try the old paper clip test, I've also heard of guys putting a dab of grease on the secondary throttle stop and if opening properly, there should be a dab of grease on the level. Or when bench testing, blow some compressed air through, take a look down the rear passenger side primary, you should see the secondary venturi, and if you hold your tongue just right, you should be able to get the secondaries to open. Other potential issues are how stiff your secondary springs are, or if you have diaphram blow outs.

i had an oversized radiator already so it was no big deal, it actually runs right at "normal" all the time

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Keep in mind, that 'normal' reading is merely a tolerance. When in proper working order, they can be a good indication...but with 30+ yo equipment, no way telling if it's in proper working order.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts