Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

f-350 booster and m/c

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Are you just doing the MC and booster? If so, I think it's in this article:

http://okcnetworks.com/bronco/brakes/index.htm

That says just doing the MC/booster has a good probability of making your brakes worse due to volume and whatnot of brake fluid. So I'd give a lot of consideration to also swapping out calipers, pads, wheel cylinders and the like.

As for what you have, I'm hoping to get off my a$$ and do the 350 swap myself...so no use to me.

The thing is you have to install the F350 PPV as well.

That's what causes the problems for F350 booster MC swaps

The F350 PPV has a slightly different design
ProportioningValve.jpg

F350PPV.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
well you learn something new everyday ill have to be getting a proportioning valve

If you get a part number for it, post up. Inquiring minds want to know.

That says just doing the MC/booster has a good probability of making your brakes worse due to volume and whatnot of brake fluid.

I disagree. I did the 350 booster and M/C swap along with 350 wheel cylinders in back on the black and silver Bronco and it stops much better than the single diaphram original booster. On my old Bronco I did just the 350 booster and M/C swap and there is literally no difference between the two as far as braking goes.

The thing is you have to install the F350 PPV as well.

No you do not have to swap the P/V, never did on either of the 350 swaps I have done. Would they have worked better had I done a P/V swap? Who knows, the brakes worked perfectly fine without going into that.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Scott...were these going from old MC's and boosters to a new 350 setup? Regardless, I need to do something to my system and I can always go back and add parts later, I guess. But I hadn't heard about needing to swap out the valve before.

Scott...were these going from old MC's and boosters to a new 350 setup?

Yes, how old they were I don't know, original maybe. It is a big improvement just adding the booster and M/C over stock.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
The thing is you have to install the F350 :confused: PPV as well. The F350 :confused: PPV has a slightly different design.
What 1968/79 F350 has a specific disc brake proportioning valve? None.

C8TZ2B257G .. Brake Differential Proportioning Valve.

Fits: 1968/73 F250 2WD w/dual piston caliper disc brakes / 1968/72 F350 w/disc brakes / 1973 F350.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D4TZ2B257A .. Brake Differential Proportioning Valve.

Fits: 1974/79 F250 2WD w/dual piston caliper disc brakes / 1974/78 F350 / 1979 F350 2WD.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IF the booster is from a 1979 F350 with 4WD, the prop valve is exactly the same as one in the OP's Bronco.

D5TZ2B257B .. Brake Differential Proportioning Valve.

Fits: 1975/79 F100/150 2WD/4WD / 1975/79 F250 2WD w/single piston caliper disc brakes / 1976/79 Bronco / 1978/79 F250 4WD / 1979 F350 4WD.

Last edited:
IF the booster is from a 1979 F350 with 4WD, the prop valve is exactly the same as one in the OP's Bronco.

And there is the reason why you don't need to swap the proportioning valve. I rest my case. :rofl2:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts