Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Exhaust Manifold... ISSUES

My '94 F-250 has the worst manifold issues ever. It always leaks. And we have hadd this fixed multiple times. And it still keeps doin' it. It has a 460 in it and I have heard that this is a common problem with this engine but! My whole family drives Ford's with 460's in them and no one else has this problem.
Any ideas on why it keeps doin' this??

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
God is telling you that your truck needs headers.

Ryan

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I got a 96 with a 460...had this problem once at about 200k. The manifold itself started to warp. So I planed the face. Then I put it back on, but didn't realize there wasn't supposed to be a gasket, and I put one on...so it still leaked. Pulled the gasket off...good as new til the engine blew 20k later.

i dont know if there anything like the 302, but i know the manifolds on the 302 are prone to warping, and the donut gasket falling out

I have already replaced the headers. And it keeps doing it. That's the weird part is we have done everything to fix them. MULTIPLE TIMES. And it keeps doing it...

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Do you have headers or stock manifold ? Have they been replaced or just new gaskets (Probably the case) . The y pipes r know to crack also .

Do you tow?

The 460 at work all truck low mileage but the stock manifolds crack /warp. All 6 truck of r's have been redone .

The only fix that seems to stay fixed is a set of HIgh quality headers or new oem manifolds.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts