Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

exhaust leak

odogf150

YOUNG GUN
utah
hey fellas got another one. hoping someone had or know this problem, i got an exhaust leak thats coming from the rear of the engine right behind the intake manifold, i know its not the exhaust manifolds because i can put my ear just close enough without burning myself, and no leak. but closer i get to behind the rear of the intake manifold, i can hear the leak. the sound is really on the drivers side but on the passenger side, not so much. i know i took out the whole exhaust pipes. didnt touch the manifolds. replaced the air valve pipe (engine to cat pipe). loose bolts or bad gasket on intake manifold? loose air pipe? cracked pipe somewhere? any reply would be nice since ima look into later today.... and yes it can be heard inside the cab a little bit especially on revs. standing outside the truck hear it somewhat more.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Did you put your HEGO sensor back in the cross over pipe?

Did you get the pipes bolted back up to the manifolds nice and snug?

Ryan

odogf150

YOUNG GUN
utah
okay didnt get to check my leak today. and it might be the air pipe i think the clamp on it keeps slipping off, and yeah i put the hego back on and together everything else thats why its a little confusing. new studs and nuts for the pipe to manifold flange.... maybe this weekend for sure

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Don't forget about the thermactor tube that runs from the back of one head to the back of the other...better to just yank it and plug it with bolts anyways.

odogf150

YOUNG GUN
utah
Don't forget about the thermactor tube that runs from the back of one head to the back of the other...better to just yank it and plug it with bolts anyways.

you hit it right on the head (joke intended) it was the pipe from one head to the other. BUT im curious to know why would it be better to yank and plug them up? by plugging you mean the heads right?

odogf150

YOUNG GUN
utah
it was the drivers side and the leak was spewing out from the wheel well direction of the pipe to head ( the crossover tube)

Last edited:

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
My belief is it's better so future leaks from that location are a non-issue. If you're interested, two 9/16 course thread bolts will do the job.

odogf150

YOUNG GUN
utah
Yeah i think i just might do that. For anyone else with this problem i also searched around and found another thread related to this. Air injector tube.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts