Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

EV6 Injector Swap

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Just got done installing my new(reman) EV6 injectors...for those of you that don't know the EV6 was available in 96 and newer Ford Explorers. They are 19 lbers and completely different pintle design. After getting everything buttoned up and test driving my truck, I am extremely happy with the results. ALOT better throttle response, smoother idle and all around better power. Only time will tell if my fuel mileage goes up like people have said. For 90 bucks, I am extremely with the little bit of work I've had to do to accomplish this. From a dead stop, she'll spin a tiny bit, grab and GO.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Just got done installing my new(reman) EV6 injectors...for those of you that don't know the EV6 was available in 96 and newer Ford Explorers. They are 19 lbers and completely different pintle design. After getting everything buttoned up and test driving my truck, I am extremely happy with the results. ALOT better throttle response, smoother idle and all around better power. Only time will tell if my fuel mileage goes up like people have said. For 90 bucks, I am extremely with the little bit of work I've had to do to accomplish this. From a dead stop, she'll spin a tiny bit, grab and GO.

Will this work for my 300 I6?

Hi there - did you find out if those newer injectors helped with your gas mileage?

Ford Truck Articles