Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Euro style lights?

Anyone running those Euro lights on thier trucks? LMC has got the headlights and they look good in the catalouge. Anyone have pics of them on a truck?
And does someone make taillights?

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Not a big fan.

Buddy has 'em on his K-10 (it's an '86, but the grille is an '81 style) and they look better than I thought they would, though.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'm not a big fan of them either...and personally, I don't like how they project light when you're driving...I feel I can see better with a good halogen bulb.

i cant see anything with the stock halogens.. i think those brghter lights would do somegood.
Anybody had any on thier
F-100?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
i cant see anything with the stock halogens.. i think those brghter lights would do somegood.
Anybody had any on thier
F-100?

You tried cleaning your lenses? Bigger alternator? I've driven vehicles with the euro lights and I really didn't feel like they projected as far, plus the 'color' of light it emits screws with my eyes too.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Thats the reason I dont like em is cause ya blind other people. Mine are stock and they are bright enough on low beam I rarely have to use high cause they go so far out.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Mine are stock and they are bright enough on low beam I rarely have to use high cause they go so far out.

x2...sounds like something is wrong with the OP's system...however, if you're deadset on getting euro's...I'd go with 2HI's suggestion before going to LMC.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Somethin either alternator or lights need to get cleaned. I really hate them euro lights when I drive out in the desert at night and its alot darker cause there aint no lights and then some stupid idiot with them lights always comes up behind me and just stays there wether he can pass or not. Then blinds me and lights up the back of the cab. Then when they do pass or I pull over I cant see nothin cause my eyes get used to the light. I get bothered by light in the night when im drivin out there even if its regular lights it still bugs me and I usually have to pull over cause people are afraid of deer so they drive down the road in packs of two or three so only the person in front hits a deer. I drive that road every weekend and have only seen one deer that was alive on the side of the road and he wasnt even crossin. I have seen heards of antelope in the fields along the road and gettin ready to cross but never hit one out there.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
You know the best way to get people off your ass and stop blinding you...hit your brakes.And usually when folks have their high beams or euro lights on coming at me, I just make sure to turn my hi's on.

2HI2CU

North Carolina Chapter member
NC
Yeah...well some of us have no other choice then to light up the inside of your lowriders cab!!!:rofl2: If your headlights were 6' off the ground you'd see my point....sorry if that offends you but I'm just stating the obvious!!

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah...well some of us have no other choice then to light up the inside of your lowriders cab!!!:rofl2: If your headlights were 6' off the ground you'd see my point....sorry if that offends you but I'm just stating the obvious!!

HAHAHA...lowriders...I hear ya...and it doesn't really offend...I know there are extenuating circumstances sometimes, like in your case. But if it's a relatively stock truck, there's something wrong with your electrical system if you can't pump out enough juice. But hell...it ain't my truck, so to the OP and anyone else with euro lights...go for it, and I hope you like them...but don't be surprised if you get some closeups of my bumper...haha, or if I return the favor with my hi beams...or if I send you into an epileptic seizure with my strobes...haha.

2HI2CU

NC
Ouch 40 bucks a bulb, those better be good.

Yeah I wasn't real sure spending that much especially when I could've had the euro clears for less,but the first time I had to use them I knew I made the right choice!! Where I work we install the Hella's in all the right hand drive trucks,and man what a difference they are over our standard lights here in the US.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Yeah ive had to brake check a few and I have to turn the hi beams on occasionally to make some idiot turn his off. Sometimes I like to flip the big lights on and drive with them for fun when nobodys in front of me. I got a new bumper for christmas and it has lights in it so when I put it on ill run a switch instead of puttin em for reverse lights only and ill use them to get people off me.

2HI2CU

NC
HAHAHA...lowriders...I hear ya...and it doesn't really offend...I know there are extenuating circumstances sometimes, like in your case. But if it's a relatively stock truck, there's something wrong with your electrical system if you can't pump out enough juice. But hell...it ain't my truck, so to the OP and anyone else with euro lights...go for it, and I hope you like them...but don't be surprised if you get some closeups of my bumper...haha, or if I return the favor with my hi beams...or if I send you into an epileptic seizure with my strobes...haha.

HAHA It's all good Ben,I'll just rub my tires on your tailgate ...I usually try and be nice by cutting my headlights off when I'm sitting behind someone in traffic!! It usually draws more attention from the popo's,but that's the price I pay for having done to it what I have!

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles