Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

engine upgrades

Im in the planning stages of an engine that can get out of its own way. This 195 hp rated 302 is pretty lame in my book. Now I have played around with cars since I could drive at age 16. Ive a owned a handful of fun fords in my life of 52 yrs but it has been awhile. This efi stuff is not new to me since one of my toys was a 1990 5.0 mustang LX hatch 5 spd. Bought it brand new and had it for ten yrs. It eventually ran mid 11's on slicks and was street driven everyday and still got 23 mpg at 75 mph with the AC on. That was in the late 90's. For ease of engine swap I want to stay with the 302 block(roller). My plan is a 347 shortblock with TFS twisted wedge heads(10-1 static compression) a factory 85-88 302 HO cam and shorty truck headers(again ease of install). Might use the edelbrock truck intake also. I want this combo to run off the stock computer...if possible. Dont bother singing the praises of the 351W...I know Ive built them too. :) My wife at the time ran and 81 mustang trunk with a mild 351W(carb) that ran on 87 octane. She ran low 12's all day long.....she loved it. :) What do you all think?

thanx Tim :)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts