Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Engine shutting off

Ok will do. I tested the sensor and pulled it off the valve but didnot pull the valve. Yah I'm done throwing parts at it now.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Ok will do. I tested the sensor and pulled it off the valve but didnot pull the valve. Yah I'm done throwing parts at it now.

I don't know how hard it will be to find a gasket for the IAC. You can go to O'Reilly Auto parts to get a upper intake gasket which will have 4 gaskets in it one for the IAC

So I took off the idle air control valve yesterday and cleaned it up and cleaned the throttle body. I'm still getting a little miss at idle and I get a check engine fOr it as well. I tested the sensor for its voltage and everything checked out ok. So would that mean the valve itself is going bad. And I also get a TPS code. A
Ale thing I tested volts and ohms on this and all good. But still get the code.

Just thought I would update you all on this. After I got it back from the shop and i cleared the computer and reset the timing with the new distributor she has been running great. Has a little miss at idle, going to check plugs.

Ford Truck Articles