Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

engine bay pics

wildpony1986

Georgia Chapter member
Senoia
i dont know if anyone has done this but if not lets see those engine bays...not the whole truck just under the hood pics:beer:

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Guess I'm up first:

Photo003.jpg

wildpony1986

Georgia Chapter member
Senoia
thats nice...how long did it take to do that?

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Not as long as you'd imagine. The chrome valve covers were on a parts rig we had, as was the Edelbrock 1406. The engine was rebuilt a few years ago as of that picture.

The firewall being Performance Red was kind of a joke. We always wanted to paint the thing red, so we figured we'd do the firewall while the engine was out.

The outside of the truck is still Wimbledon White almost 6 years later...

wildpony1986

Georgia Chapter member
Senoia
I love the old trucks. Just look at all the room in there to work. Not crammed and jammed like today's vehicles.

i agree with that one...i hate haveing to change the plugs in my stang and my wifes 98 150...you have to take everything apart just to do anythingsmiliebeenripped

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Heres the 72 after the cam decided to eat the lifters.
003-8.jpg

Heres it complete. Its a little dirtier now cause of a leak on the front of the intake that we didnt want to mess with till it gets warmer. Also has a edelbrock intake instead of the old cast 4bbl. Along with MSD ignition.
001-4.jpg

002-5.jpg

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
DSCN2618.JPG

Here is mine a year ago before I detailed the engine...It's MUCH better looking now. I had just put the new Eddy carb on it and it was running with the tequila bottle on the air cleaner to show how smooth the engine was !
I need to take updated pictures !
Dak

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
My anchor, err I mean 400.:cool:

IMG_2027.jpg

In actuality the only anchor-like thing about it is it's reliability, even at 5k+ rpm.smiliepeelout

Last edited:

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
77 4xFord,s motor is just SICK!!!! It's one of those I can't believe what I'm seeing in these trucks.

Mark, that is very cool having everything original. Lee, that one of the most uncluttered engine bays I've seen and very clean.

My plug wires are not the original to the truck but were put on during a dealer tune up in the 80's.
I think I have the receipt with others from the original owner
They still work great so no need to replace them..and thanks

Lee, I have to agree with the most uncluttered engine bay.

774xFord, that is sweet ! Did you increase the breaking ability to match the acceleration ?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
How it was:

from_Val_574.JPG

How it is now:

79_Truck_0052.JPG

Thanks folks. Mark that's exactly what being done this winter; new cross drilled slotted rotors, thunderbird calipers, hydroboost with F350 master cylinder, braided lines and Blackbird rear disc brake kit. I'll post the pics when it gets out of storage and the swap begins.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts