Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

End of season

Well the kids are going back to school and that means camping is pretty much wrapping up. I went out to the bush and hauled my travel trailer back to town. I'll keep it at my dads in the country and use it for hunting this fall. Next week archery opens for deer. One of the reasons I bought my 78 was to haul my travel trailer, and was a big part of getting the wife to let me buy it. Heres a few pics. Trucks pretty dirty from road construction.
IMG_9462.jpg

IMG_9463.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sweet looking set up man. I always love seeing the ol dentsides put to work.

Speaking of Dents working,

Last week on my home from Red Deer I saw a a 78 F150 with a car trailer hauling a newer really muddy Dodge Ram with a broken front axle .
The clue was the wheel/tire was folded underneath the wheelwell

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Speaking of Dents working,

Last week on my home from Red Deer I saw a a 78 F150 with a car trailer hauling a newer really muddy Dodge Ram with a broken front axle .
The clue was the wheel/tire was folded underneath the wheelwell

They're still doing that? That's been going on since the 90's.

Thanks guys, I wanted to get a nice pic of the setup at the lake but I forgot the camera. Thanks Fordtruckman80, I think its a stock colour. The truck has been spayed once about 5 years ago. My trailer is a 27' and weighs in a 3600 pounds. The 351m pulls the trailer fine. I cruised between 60-65mph and had to put the peddle down to the floor just to make the big hills and the truck didn't go any less than 50mph. I went through half a tank of gas on the front tank on a 120 mile round trip.

I'm jealous

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Looks great!

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
Really nice set up! 27' and only 3,600lbs? My travel trailer is 22' and is 4,000lbs..

Burt is done for the season also. Finally got to pull the trailer to the lake (a whopping 50 mile round trip down the mountain!) Now the trailer will be stored under the RV port for the winter and Burt will go back to his garage at the city house...
Happy summer all!

389187010.jpg

Nice rig dakonthemountain. Ya 3600 pounds isn't right. Its 3600 kilograms. So thats around 9000 pounds give or take. Today I pulled my wifes aunts trailer. Its a 30' and tips the scales at just over 10 000 pounds. I felt that behind the truck. It took half a tank of gas on the front tank to haul it 60 miles.
IMG_9548.jpg

And on the way up we did a little grouse hunting, no birds, but my dad saw a pile of birtch he couldn't pass up so we loaded up the back of the truck with fire wood. That put a little more weight in the back.
IMG_9550.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts