Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Emblem gromet/sleeve/holder ?

Trying to find a source for the gromets that hold the F150 emblem to the cawl on a 78. Its the plastic piece that the pins on the emblem go thru. Anyone know where they can be found?

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Where do you live ?

Visit your local bodyshop supply place, they have all that stuff

Pico or Motormite

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I was able to find them at NAPA

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Trying to find a source for the grommets that hold the F150 emblem to the cowl on a 78. Its the plastic piece that the pins on the emblem go thru.
385417S .. Retainer-Emblem to Cowl Panel & other locations / Obsolete

PINICON MOTOR CO. in Independence IA has 6 = 319-334-6033.

AITKEN MOTOR CO. in Aitken MN has 7 = 218-927-2169.

SOEBY MOTOR CO. in Walhalla ND has 7 = 701-549-3711.

GREEN SALES CO. in Cincinnati OH has 8 = 800-543-4959.

FRED GRANDE FORD in Richmond MI has 9 = 586-727-3415.

GUY M. FISH CO. in Spartansburg PA has 12 = 814-654-7311.

DON SANDERSON FORD in Glendale AZ has 70 = 866-797-3235.

No other Ford Dealer or obsolete parts vendor has any.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I believe this is what you need. Barrel clips for emblems. They are the same used for the cowl emblems and FORD letters.

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-28209-ford-letters-emblem-barrel-clips.html

^^^That's the ticket...no need to search any further IMO. Since I'm a cheap bastard, I always look for the most for my money and IIRC, the clips that are advertised for the hood or tailgate letters are cheaper per clip and yield more clips. Given it's only a few cents, but like I said, I'm a cheap bastard.

Were they metal or rubber? I could only find metal ones when I looked, but that was my my local store.

Same here...I haven't been able to find plastic clips from my local stores...doesn't mean they don't exist though. Because it does kinda suck to pay $11 in shipping for a $2 order.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
They were metal. They looked exactly like the clips that were on other emblems I had so I thought they were supposed to be metal.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts