Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Electrical Issue.

I have a 2002,F350,7.3 Diesel,stock except for a gauge pod,151K on the clock.It has quit on me twice and would not start once.What it does is the dash goes dead,all gauges are dead,the radio is dead and of course the engine is dead.After it sits for a few minutes it will fire right up and run great.On the No Start,the truck had sat for a day,went to start and the gauges,etc. were dead.The engine will crank fine but obviously no ignition or dash gauges.I do not live where it gets real cold,high 30s to 40s at night,so it is not pre-heated.I have a crappy Chilton manual that I used to try to check wiring diagrahms and I do not have a code reader. ROY.

blacksnapon

Staff member
I have a 2002,F350,7.3 Diesel,stock except for a gauge pod,151K on the clock.It has quit on me twice and would not start once.What it does is the dash goes dead,all gauges are dead,the radio is dead and of course the engine is dead.After it sits for a few minutes it will fire right up and run great.On the No Start,the truck had sat for a day,went to start and the gauges,etc. were dead.The engine will crank fine but obviously no ignition or dash gauges.I do not live where it gets real cold,high 30s to 40s at night,so it is not pre-heated.I have a crappy Chilton manual that I used to try to check wiring diagrahms and I do not have a code reader. ROY.
Look at the integrity of the power wire and connection at the starter. Been problems with the post breaking the "solenoid" and losing connection.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts