Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Electric Blower

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
What is this electric blower for? Click thumbnail to enlarge it.

Last edited:

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
That would be your HVAC fan...

No it's on the firewall. The fan came on when my engine temps got high because there was no fan shroud. I went to the Pull A Part and bought one late yesterday afternoon. It has a rad type hose that runs into the bottom of the intake. Here is a better picture.

100_2178-2.jpg

Last edited:

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok

Thanks again,I never seen anything like it.

I seen the same blower on a 1996 that I got my fan shroud off of. It had the 300/6 and same blower motor runs under the intake. Mine came up when my truck hit 225* yesterday. That is when I seen I seen I needed a shroud. The fan shut off after the engine had cooled down.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
It cools the injectors down from what I've read when the engine is hot. It helps to aid the truck in starting up in hot conditions.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I think it was only used for a few years.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
It cools the injectors down from what I've read when the engine is hot. It helps to aid the truck in starting up in hot conditions.
it also keeps the fuel from boiling in the line when the engine is shut off, and the fuel is not circulating

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts