Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

egr delete

Yeah I know what your talking about. Is there a way to take and weld it up or maybe I could make an aluminum heat shield under the wood spacer. We have a bunch of hardwoods in the wood shop so I'm sure ill find something

When I called Elderbrock and asked about the airgap, the man on the phone said they had gaskets to block off the exhaust gas at the head/manifold.

At least it is a "dry" intake. A lot easier to R&R. If you pull the intake and weld it, Or try another gasket, can you post your results? I am going to change over to a different manifold when i switch the cam.

chris

i might just take the original egr spacer and cut the end off of it and weld it up and make a regular spacer out of it then maybe even add another small spacer on top of it to get the carb a little higher. i have problems with the gas boiling out of the carb

ialready made one. i want to make it look even cleaner than it is now, but thats kinda pointless i'm rebuilding the engine and putting a 4bbl holley on it.

I just grit blasted mine and made a 1/4 inch aluminum block off and sealed it on. My noise that I thought was a ping turned out to be a little lifter noise. But it stopped now. I'm running about 11-12 degrees initial timing.

the only issues i have with my truck are hard cold starting from not having a choke and then bad mileage. but my timing is set at 7 i will probably bump it up to 10 at least

The mileage sucks regardless. I've thought about going to a 4 barrel to see if it breathes better. It just seems it's too big of an engine to have a 2 barrel but I could be wrong.

Ford Truck Articles