Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Edge Juice Attitude 7.3L Banks Trans Command

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
So on my new to me 99 F350 7.3, It came with a Edge Juice Attitude, and a Banks Trans Command. I have been told the Edge smokes the trans. I havent been able to find out why it does it. I hope someone can tell me. Also trucks has a Banks Trans Command, does it actually do anything?

Don't know if you've gotten an answer elsewhere but I have the Juice w/Attitude set-up, cold air, exhaust but with a 6 speed. The stock trans settings try to shift softly and with the additional power it will stress it that much more. The trans command should help with that though.
I'd call Banks and ask questions. If you are "interested" in the compatibility and ask lots of questions you'll probably get answers for your current set up. You may also get a sales pitch for their six gun or something. Choose your questions and you'll get answers.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I actually never found anything out, I figured it had something to do with shift patterns, but it doesnt seem crazy or anything. My V10 Super Duty with a superchips tuner shifts way harder then this truck.

I don't think I have heard of the Juice smoking trans issues but I may be missing those threads as I'm not a fan of the slush box for heavy towing so I got the manual. I guess you pick your poison.

I've learned a lot on the diesel stop. I don't have the time and funds to go as crazy doing stuff like some but learning from them has been great and saved thousands.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
All I every hear about the Juice is that it kills trans, I think people just dont know how to work an auto and just smoke it having fun. I plow with mystery autos and never killed a trans. My 88 Bronk had 154k on it with an unknown trans. Changed fluid every oil change, and filter once a year and it never let me down!

I can't say that I even keep track of my trans oil. When it starts looking or smelling like it's been hot or darkens I change it .

The only trans I ruined was in a heavy full size blazer with a 383 in it. I ruined a few things with that engine. :)

I like the Juice a lot, the monitoring is simple, and changing settings on the fly is nice. My truck looks like it may have powdered metal rods so I doubt I'd push it much beyond where it's performing now. My clutch hates me already.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
if i remember correctly the juice/attitude can change trans shift patterns as well as defuel shifts. i recommend setting up to defuel shifts.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I didnt see anything for shift points, maybe newer versions. Ill relook next time. I figured thats where the Banks Trans Command came into play.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
That's how it worked on my dmax...unsure of pstroke

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Yes it had defuel on wot shifts, so I clicked that.

I had one from a truck I wrecked. My mate is using it. It seems ok. But I have read that the thing that kills 4r100 transmissions is backing off as they are about to shift. Maybe do a little research on the defuel on shift part

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
That trans already has a shift solenoid problem, so i dont drive it at WOT anyway so I dont think I will kill it. I mean any tuner that u beat the crap out of truck will kill ur trans.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts