Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

E4OD help

ok i posted not log ago asking about the compatibilty over the years. Heres the issue with the origninal trans. For a while it clucked when the engine was running. It sounded kinda like a engine knock but trust me it wasnt. The clunk has gone away but the main problem remains. When i put it in drive, it whines and slips and doesn't go any where. When you shift it into netral, it disegaes with a clunk and the whineing stops. If i put it in ! and manully shift into drive, it takes off and runs fine. It shifts into 3rd and OD fine too. Reverse is fine. When driving, if it shifts into 1 on its one, the whine and slip come back. Is it shot? Is there something out of adjustment? Plase tell me i really don't need a new trans. Thanks guys jdk

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
The knock you describe sounds like the torque converter is shot,it will also whine..since the trans would have to be removed to replace it...I would either rebuild the trans or find a replacement..for their could be other issues in the transmission its self.my advice would be to take it to a reputable transmission expert and get a second oppinion before you do anything

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts