Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

E10

Fellro

Staff member
If it was seeping, it was on it's way out as it was.... it may have cleaned the varnish deposits off, which let the diaphragm disintegrate.

That is probably true. I just dread the next part that it will finish off. This is going to be quite expensive over the next few months. :headbang:

The parts stores can't get it. The usual truck parts suppliers can't get it.

Bill linked me to two places that show it in stock.

Green sales:

Welcome to Green Sales Company, supplier of obsolete Ford parts and Lincoln / Mercury parts. Our Ford parts inventory represents all Ford and Lincoln / Mercury products from 1950 to the present. While we have no direct connection with Ford Motor Company, we do supply NOS / OEM parts made available by Ford dealers on the secondary market. Our staff is as knowledgeable as any Ford Parts Department.

McDonald Obsolete Parts:

We specialize in hard to find obsolete parts and have one of the largest inventories of new old stock , obsolete parts for Ford , Lincoln and Mercury cars and trucks and Unity script foglights and spotlights.

No one else shows it anywhere.

Since the correct part is obsolete....this is going to cost a fortune.

I contacted them through E-mail. We will see if they answer.

Fellro

Staff member
Well, I know you are after originality in appearance, but how about hiding an electric pump back by the tank, where it would need to be anyway, and make the fuel pump housing basically a dummy, which is there for appearances only? Sometimes to save the old iron, you have to make some updates, but you don't necessarily have to show them off...

That might be a good option. Keep it hidden. I will have to see if I can gut the old one (assuming the real one costs a lot) and seal it off so it won't leak into the block.

I am updating some already, but they are hidden. The seat belts will be about the only thing visible. It makes me nervous driving at highway speeds around here without them. Hills and sharp curves.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
If the old one is bad and can't be rebuilt because of no parts.
I would cut the arm of and make a plate and gasket and stick it behing the pump and bolt it on. Would still look stock not naked.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I will say after the first couple tanks I ran. My Mileage went down and I had to adjust timimg because it would ping,

If I got gas at a station (super pricy) that still had old gas it ran fine.,

It will kill mowers also . My local repair shop can't keep up this year .

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
i read that and didn't think abt it till you mentioned it. makes sense though.

my motor's practically new anyway. i mean it was built nearly 10 years ago but sat in environment controlled storage the whole time so there shouldn't be any build up on it that would be holding anything together ya know. i'm not getting great mpg as it is, if i loose 3 to 6 mpg like i've seen some people figure on their vehicles on other sites then i'm WAY beyond screwed because i'm only getting around 10 as it is. i can't afford to lose any more mpg on this 302.

like i said, i don't believe the cheaper bit because that locally owned station with only about 15 stores and only here in lubbock is on the cent if not one cheaper with murphys. i intend to ride with him till he has to make the change and then i guess i'll cross my fingers and hope i can still afford to drive to work with that potential loss of mileage. :(

Ford Truck Articles