Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

E-mail notices?

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
tony usually sports a purple skirt though. I'll allow the artist to get away without the purple skirt, seeing as it's hard to draw on a yellow bubble.

Ryan

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
Guess it is just me. I had no clue there were two replies after my last post in here. It happens on most threads after there are several replies. Its like they simply stop sending me E-mails after the first few.

Oh well...Guess I will stop asking..Ryan just does not like me anymore. :headbang:

Everything appears to be set correctly. I don't know why you're having problems. Is anyone else having the same problem?

i was doing well 'till Ryan put out the banned hammer.
i wanted to see how well everything was set but i got banned.
Tony.. run for cover

I've had issues, but just figured most of it was because of my poor attendance habits. Ya'll don't call me "The Ghost" for nothin'!
same goes for the "new threads" tab. It doesn't show ALL new threads or posts; just the ones within the last day or so.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I normally go check my user cp, then check new posts. Sometimes I even remember to check out some of our sponsors.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
I have mine set to instant notification and never had a problem.

Brian and Tom, the e-mails aren't going to your bulk box or being caught as spam are they? Make sure you add the address on one of the notifications to you address book so they don't get flagged as spam.

I have mine set to instant notification and never had a problem.

Brian and Tom, the e-mails aren't going to your bulk box or being caught as spam are they? Make sure you add the address on one of the notifications to you address book so they don't get flagged as spam.

Nope. Its not caught in my junk mail box. I check that daily as well. Never has been one from here in there.

This thread and many others have just stopped sending me mail. The only way I see it is to click the "new posts" and sometimes I still miss them. LOL

I guess as a newbie I don't rate email notifications - twice in a total of 3 posts so far and it looks like all the right buttons were pushed in the CP. I gotta say that in a new forum, that is the one of the first things that turns people off and they go elsewhere. I am well aware of the fact that I have to visit a thread to get on-going posts - but haven't gotten even the first as yet. I'm not ready to leave yet though.

I am not sure. I have issues with the E-mail notification being turned on with some threads. I now go to user CP and click list subscriptions. Occasionally one thread (who knows why) will say never in the E-mail thing. I just change it to Instant and they work for me. That appears to be all of the problem I am having.

Look as see if the same is happening for you.

There are still a few bugs in the software/settings somewhere. They are looking.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
the best way to navigate the site is to turn off e-mail notifications and drop by and look at the user CP. Saves the end user e-mail spamification and it always works. I hope the changes scott made makes a difference though, dave.

Ryan

the best way to navigate the site is to turn off e-mail notifications and drop by and look at the user CP. Saves the end user e-mail spamification and it always works. I hope the changes scott made makes a difference though, dave.

Ryan

He must have fixed the notification problems - I got this and another.

As far as spam, these as well as other forums I subscribe to come to me on separate email links, not my main email so it can be deleted without harm.

Ford Truck Articles