Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

E-fan wiring diagram

I've got a t-bird fan thats going on my k2500, but I need a wiring schematic to hook everything up, I already have one of these _ http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HDA-3647/ _ and want it set up to run another fan when I get it..

I've read the threads on FSB and fallowed the links to here there and yonder; And nobody can agree on a diagram...

So lets see what ya got.........

Last edited:

radialarm

Clown of Death!
Here's what I did, but yours will be different!!! I would get power either from the battery or the solenoid on the fender. If you've got A/C the you need to wire it so it's on whenever the A/C is on!!!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Aaron tell me how you want the fan to behave, any switches you will be installing, etc, and I'll draw up a custom diagram.

Mine uses a thermostatic switch to turn on the low speed, with a position on my 3 position dash switch to override it into high speed; with the remaining position used to force the fan off. My ac also forces the fan on in low speed.

Hit a slight SNAFU,

My radiator is 34"W X 20"H tank to tank, and the fan is 22"W X 18"H Which leaves me w/ not enough room to run 2 side by side... (unless I can find a set of taurus fans) If I mount the fan in the center of the rad it leave w/ -+ 6" on ether side... The other option I have is a small 12" fan that I can mount on the side.. But idk.......

Btw rad is a cross flow....

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Holy giant radiators Batman :rofl:

I don't know if I would run 2 of these fans together unless you have a VERY strong electrical system. Even with my 130amp alternator the high speed on the fan will dip my gauge needle pretty good when it kicks on.

This is on a diesel truck...

Biggest I've found online is a 140A "think" I currently have a 105.... I'm going to try the center mount and see what happens......

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Might be able to get away with 1 fan and a larger custom shroud. Otherwise you might wanna look into an ambulance alternator (usually around 200amp) and run duals.

Would defiantly like the bigger alt, I'm going to try the single but will start looking for twin taurus fans.... to replace the single....

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts