Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

E-Fan conversion

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
finally got an Efan of an 5.0 mustang (freebee!) working great! i think its 16' or so

nway i ordered a controller from hayden adjustable thermostat 160*-220*

all i need help is how to mount this fan ?

its something like this

51PCKP9Z9TL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

no shroud and only 3 mounting holes

Last edited:

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I saw same thing on a truck at u pull it . Had plastic pings through rad to hold it. Like zip tie only round . Where they got em ???

Good luck sounds good to me.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Orielly's Auto parts has them I know for sure.

They look like these at the bottom of the pic....
3713.jpg

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yeah I've used those zip tie deals before-- they work okay. 1 or 2 of mine snapped after a while of usage.

Honestly Jurgen I'm afraid that fan might not be enough... You're pushing some big power, I think you're going need something a little bigger and with a shroud on it.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
Yeah I've used those zip tie deals before-- they work okay. 1 or 2 of mine snapped after a while of usage.

Honestly Jurgen I'm afraid that fan might not be enough... You're pushing some big power, I think you're going need something a little bigger and with a shroud on it.

the fan is enough... i just gotta put a shroud on it!... im gonna make a custom shroud and install that baby :)

KdPate

After Hours Garage
Fab up a bracket that holds it on the radiator using the mounting points of the fan and the mounts when the old fan shroud bolts to the radiator.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
mount the fan to the shroud, and the shroud to the radiator. those plastic ties wear at your core, and become brittle over time breaking when you least want them too.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
what inch is that skan ??

i think mine is the same size just no shroud

KdPate

After Hours Garage
Looks like your using a Taurus fan Chris......:cool:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Looks like your using a Taurus fan Chris......:cool:
Its actually from a tbird. This one had a bigger shroud and fan diameter, puts out as much if not MORE cfm, and uses less power than my old taurus fan. Look at the difference:

IMG_0208.jpg

why not just mount the fan inside of your stock shroud. use the zip ties through the rad and the existing mounts for the shroud. either that or get a mark viii fan at the junkyard.
Unless the opening on the shroud is mated to the edges of the fan, the shroud will not be fully utilized.

KdPate

After Hours Garage
Its actually from a tbird. This one had a bigger shroud and fan diameter, puts out as much if not MORE cfm, and uses less power than my old taurus fan.

Nice:cooldude:

Currently using a Taurus fan on my truck and keep looking for a T-bird or 95-up Mustang fan. Will just keep looking for now snce I've not had any issues with mine yet.....smiliegitrdone

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
My taurus fan used to kill my radio when I switched it on high. It was ridiculous. And it didn't cover nearly as much of my radiator. Look:

Taurus:

DSC01614Medium.jpg

T-bird:

DSC01842.jpg

finally got an Efan of an 5.0 mustang (freebee!) working great! i think its 16' or so

nway i ordered a controller from hayden adjustable thermostat 160*-220*

all i need help is how to mount this fan ?

its something like this

51PCKP9Z9TL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

no shroud and only 3 mounting holes

What year of mustang did you get it off?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts