Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

dual shocks?

odogf150

YOUNG GUN
utah
has anyone put dual shocks on the front end 1/2 tons?i seen one but i forgot where.... but anyway is there any way to do that? how about on the rear? or is that going over board. if any one has or knows where can i get some or maybe fab them up dont matter

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Broncos used duals up front for a long time. Check out JBG...they may have something in kit form. As for the rear...dunno where you'd find a kit for that. I gotta ask though, whacha need so many shocks for.

odogf150

YOUNG GUN
utah
yeah ima look for my lmc and graveyard mag in a bit. but to answer ya question, in my truck when my Nitro 8000's were put on my truck as well as the rest of the suspension, it was kinda 'bumpy' and i do alot of trail and off road riding, its not all bad but im wanting to know if its any better handling and dampening to do duals with any shocks

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
There was an option to get the dual shocks on a new truck of these years. Maybe you could find a parts truck in a junk yard?

Your money would probably be better spent on some nice Bilstein single shocks, though.

Ryan

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Spring buckets and lower mounts (if not on yours ) . Could be had on hd suspension on allot of F150s'

odogf150

YOUNG GUN
utah
but if i grind of the factory welds? ( i forgot what theyre called) that hold the buckets in place, could i use heavy duty screws and bolts? is that the best way to go?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts