Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

drop shackles

1977 EXPLORER

Tennesee Chapter Member
I used some 4" belltech drop shackles for a chevy truck to try to level my truck up as it sits rear high. I had to trim off the top bolt holes for them to clear the bed floor so there about 3" longer then the stockers.But it doesnt seem to sit any lower to me. any other ideas?

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Get new coil for front . If just stock rear leafs not hd .

Coils will start to sag in just couple years . U can go with F150 hd or F250 coils to lift little . F350 coils will lift to much .

Could always remove leaf in spring pack or change the block under leafs

1977 EXPLORER

Tennesee Chapter Member
Get new coil for front . If just stock rear leafs not hd .

Coils will start to sag in just couple years . U can go with F150 hd or F250 coils to lift little . F350 coils will lift to much .

Could always remove leaf in spring pack or change the block under leafs

guess maybe new front springs will be the only way to go i just feel it sits unusually high in the rear this is before i put the shackles on I havent had a chance to take new ones smilieeatndrink

Attachments

• DSCF4711.JPG

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Looks good to me. Id leave it alone.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Yeah leave it alone, it looks great.

Ryan

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
No, F150/Bronco doesnt have a block. F250 has a 2", and F350 has a 4". If anything you can get a coil spacer or put some of them rubber spacers in, there for for half an inch I think.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Doesn't make sense......should have dropped it....I'd pull the spring pack out and and pull one or two leaves.......leave the overload(main leaf) so the pack stays stiff.

Old_Paint

Old guy with old cars
Alabama
The 2WD trucks all have a lot of rake. Dunno why Ford did it, but it is what it is. I personally like the rake, especially on the short bed standard cab. My driveway has about 1/2" per foot drop. Sitting on that with the nose up hill, my truck sits almost level. It's just low enough in the back then that the water will drain outta the bed liner. If I don't park it with nose up hill, my bed liner will fill up with water and flood my tool box.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
i hate a truck with *** up in the air... im leveling mine with removing 2 leafs and the overload one ( but installing traction bar ) other wise dont remove the overload spring..

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hold the phone! F150's don't ever have any blocks from the factory? Because my blocks look stock...

And how many 95 150 CC's are stock? HAHA...but I thought 150's had blocks as well.

1977 EXPLORER

Tennesee Chapter Member
Finally got around to taking a pic with the drop shackles
smilieFordlogo

the one with the drop hitch is before

Attachments

• DSCF4908.JPG
  • DSCF4711.JPG

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts