Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

driving in 4wd?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Coming from you, this is a joke right? If not, as long as the majority of the driving has slippage when turning, you're fine.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Dry pavement-- yes its bad, take it out of 4wd. If the terrain allows the tires the slip then you can leave it in all winter if you want.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
All right thanks alot guys sorry about my stupid questions.

Sorry man...didn't mean any offense, I thought you were just being funny and trying to start up some chatter. Guess I should take my foot outta my mouth now.

Fellro

Staff member
^^ What he said... I took mine OUT of 4wd for a little bit yesterday, and came into the gas station entry sideways... I didn't get any weight on the tail before I left for work. I used to run a 2wd all the time, and had a inline 6 cylinder diesel head, couple front end weights and a heavy plank placed behind the wheel wells to keep it all by the tailgate and that thing would go through quite a lot.

racsan

4xford
just dont forget that even though in 4wd you can go like hell, you still aint going to be able to stop any better. you may forget how slick it really is and then be in trouble when the light turns red (or any other thing that means you need to put the whoa on) i always leave the hubs locked so that i can go to 4wd when its needed but always try things out in 2wd so i know how slick things are. ditto on weight, even with a 4x4. i run about 500# in the bed. 3 tractor front end weights, and a sand-filled 3/4 ton truck tire.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts