Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Door Problems... :(

Alright so my 94 keeps locking me in.. Yes. IN.
I can lift up on the handle and it wont let me out! :(
does anyone know how to fix this?
I have tried WD-40.. But that doesnt work..
And I realize that crawlin out the passanger side is always an option but ya know.... It not the most attractive way to get out..
HELP :)
How do you fix this ? Or any ideas on what it could be?
- <3 -

blacksnapon

Staff member
Looks like the latch isn't unlocking fully. I've replaced latches and/or actuators for this.

O'RattleCan - No.. I have tried that. :( and it doesnt work. I've tried pushin on it while the handles up too. Still doesnt work.

Blacksnapon- Does that just consist of taking the screws and panel off of the door?

O'RattleCan - No.. I have tried that. :( and it doesnt work. I've tried pushin on it while the handles up too. Still doesnt work.

Blacksnapon- Does that just consist of taking the screws and panel off of the door?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
It works fine from the outside but not the inside? If so, I'm inclined to blame the cable that connects the handle to the latch mechanism. I think that's what Ryan was getting at-- the cable can stretch and fray.

Fellro

Staff member
Our 92 is like that too, and pretty much the fix is what Chris is talking about. If you can roll the window down and the door works fine, then it is that cable. Common issue.

crzybil87

C.R.A.Z.Y.B.I.L.L
ran into the same problem, door wouldnt open from the inside but would work with the window down the cable simply stretched a little too far

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts