Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

door panels question

my truck needs some new door panels , but they are green and i can not find a website that carrys green ones, not even lmc truck which was odd. if you guys know a website id appreciate it. or maybe there is paint out there made to do it to another door panel? thanks guyssmilieFordlogo

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
you won't find any new reproduction green panels. Krylon fusion is a good paint and has a few greens to choose from. SEM is also a great interior paint, but I think the green is limited.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
my truck needs some new door panels , but they are green and i can not find a website that carrys green ones, not even lmc truck which was odd. if you guys know a website id appreciate it. or maybe there is paint out there made to do it to another door panel? thanks guyssmilieFordlogo
LOL! LMC doesn't carry much of anything...it's a middleman operation, they use the J. Paul Getty method of making money.

When you send in your order, they use YOUR money to buy the parts elsewhere. I kid you not.

There was more than one type of green door panels for these trucks as it depends on the year and model. Even if you found some, they might not be correct.

What year is your truck and what is the BODY code that is stamped on the Warranty Plate?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Agreed with all that has been said. I will also add, I remember a vendor on ebay (pretty prominant vendor) doing repop parts, and he did in fact offer some green panels...they were an olive drab kinda pea soup green color though...and I can not attest to the quality. Last time I was searching for parts, he came up when I searched for '73-79 Ford truck'

thanks, yes i have some local junkyard close buy , so i guess ill have too either go black or paint one green. i figured nobody sold green ones new, cause you dont see many with green interior like mine.smilieFordlogo

Those door panels are the exact match to my 78 Ranger Explorer

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts