Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Door Mirror Mounting

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
What kind of mounting tabs or anchors do I need to get to mount the door mirrors (the most common type of mirror)?

Buck, the mirrors are usually installed with rivet nuts. Infact if you bought NOS Ford mirrors they came with them.
Google search will show what they are.Or I can send pics.
smiliegitrdone

NOCO77

Somethin' Like That
Riv-nut set tools are kind of pricey for the limited use they'll see - if you can't find one to just rent, try swinging by a bodyshop with your own riv-nuts and see if they'll pop them in for you. The shop I frequent put mine in for nothing.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I've got them. You want to slip by and borrow them this afternoon ?:rolling laugh: :rolling laugh: smilietease

Hey, I'll be right over.............Ha Ha.

Riv-nut set tools are kind of pricey for the limited use they'll see - if you can't find one to just rent, try swinging by a bodyshop with your own riv-nuts and see if they'll pop them in for you. The shop I frequent put mine in for nothing.

Yep, that's probably what I'll have to do if I can't rent the tool. Plus, if they aren't straight I can chew someone else's butt instead of mine. I don't have a butt left with all the chewing I have done to myself over the past 3 years since I've started this project.

Also, it's very hard finding good used door mirrors that don't have a dent, large scratch, loose mirror base, or just rusted.

which mirror are you looking for ?b

1977 EXPLORER

Tennesee Chapter Member
a rivnut tool at the local harbor freight to mount he sport mirrors on my maverick It is assorted sizes up to 1/4-20 thread.The inserts are also aluminum but ive had no problem with them

i see another trip to the garage soon ;)

I am going to have my stainless steel nuts welded on my doors.

I kept up with the corrosion for years until it finely got the better of me after I accidently bumped it when walking by and ripping it off the door.

Last edited:
My mirrors came with crush nuts. They worked great and didn't require any special tools.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts