Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

door ajar switch

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
any one know how to check to see which switch or relay may be causing my 04 f 250's door ajar light to stay on?

I'm gonna have this moved to the superduty's forum to get you some answers. Welcome aboard.

My boss had this happen to his 99 but I don't remember which one it was. I think it was just the door switch.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
no prob poke around and stay, you'll learn to love it here!

03 Big Red

True Believer
NC
OH MAN !!! I dont have a solution for you, but I feel your pain. Can't listen to the radio with the ignition off , can't leave the keys in the ignition. DOME LIGHT!! What a pain!

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I don't know for sure on these trucks, but most newer Fords have the switch integrated into the door latch mechanism.

Try spraying it down with contact cleaner of WD-40...if that fixes it, you can decide whether it's worth replacing the switch, or just re-spraying if/when the problem reoccurs.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
We usually use a scan tool to check door switches. But I recomend lubing them all and opening and closeing the doors a bunch of times to see if the light goes out. I'd say most of the time it's the driver door.

Same problem here, I soaked down the latches with liquid wrench, worked the doors a bunch , and the door ajar light stays on. Id like it to work properly , My kids ride with me sometimes, and I dont want them to fall out an open door

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts